Snorkelling & Diving
Snorkelling and diving are two of the staple activities enjoyed on Lady Elliot Island. There are many options for keen snorkellers and divers, please see our Snorkel & Dive pages for more information about the following activities:
- Snorkel Lesson
- Beach Snorkelling (Self-Guided )
- Glass Bottom Boat/Guided Snorkelling Tour
- Snorkel Safari
Guests can swim at anytime in the warm waters surrounding Lady Elliot Island or relax in the Manta pool situated in the centre of the resort accommodation, please check with the Dive Shop regarding tides and weather conditions. Guests can also swim in the Resort Pool from 7am to 9pm.
Reef walking is a great way to explore the reef in the Lagoon at low tide with the assistance of reef walking poles and seascopes. You can get up close and personal with the marine environment and discover a myriad of marine creatures including sea cucumbers, starfish, sea urchins, coral, clams, crabs and colourful fish of all shapes and sizes.
Guided reef walks are offered daily, tides permitting. You will see a multitude of marine life as our experienced guide introduces you to the complexities of the reef eco-system and many creatures and things of interest that you might otherwise have walked straight past.
Although reef walking is fun, special care is required to avoid negative impacts on the reef:
- Wear protective footwear at all times, reef walking shoes or crocs are highly recommended
- When reef walking, walk carefully along the sand paths using a reef walking pole for balance
- Never stand on coral, it’s a living creature!
- Look but don’t touch any sea creatures
- Take only photos. It is a legal offence in the Marine Park to remove or cause any damage to coral, shells etc.
- Slip, slop, slap! Wear maximum-protection sunscreen lotion, a broad-brimmed hat and long-sleeved shirt for protection against the sun.