INTRODUCTION The Lady Elliot web site is provided for the information of the Visitor. The following policies govern the operation and management of the web site.
DISCLAIMERS Content of this web site We make every effort to ensure that all data, and information posted on our web site are accurate and complete. Data or information contained in or furnished by this web site should not be used as a basis for making financial or any other commitments.
This web site is subject to the following conditions:
- The company on its own behalf and its agents and employees disclaim any and all liability, including liability based on negligence or negligent misstatement, for the accuracy, completeness, reliability, usability or suitability for any particular purpose of the data or information contained in or furnished by this web site or for the results obtained from the use of this web site, and this company makes no warranties, express or implied, with respect to such data, information or results.
- It is the responsibility of all persons who use this web site to independently confirm the accuracy of the data, information or results obtained through its use and suitability of the use of this web site for any particular purpose.
- Any person using this web site does so at his or her own risk.
- Any person who uses this web site shall indemnify and save harmless this company and its agents and employees, in connection with any and all losses, damages, costs, actions, suits, debts, accounts, claims and demands which this company or its agents or employees may suffer or incur to be put to arising out of or in connection with the use of the data, information or results obtained through the use of the web site by that person or by any third party who was provided such data, information or results by that person.
- References to other web sites: References to other sites, businesses, contractors and other individuals are provided as an information service only. This company is not responsible for the suitability, completeness and accuracy of materials that are found through these sources. URL Links provided by the company or it's webmasters at the time an article is credited or linked are checked at that time, however the company assumes no responsibility for maintaining these links due to the continued updating of the internet. When advised that a link is broken the company will update link if advised within a reasonable period of time.
- Users are responsible for their own computer browser software compatibility. Advice regarding plug-in architecture or screen settings is a guide only and must only be followed by skilled users who understand the risks of installing plug-ins or altering system settings that may effect other programs directly or indirectly. In other words you are responsible for your own computer. User are responsible for their own bandwidth usage management.
- Unauthorised changes prohibited: Attacks or unauthorised attempts to add, change or delete data, information or results from this web site are prohibited and may be punishable under the appropriate Criminal Code.
- Copyright: The plagiarising of anything from this website is expressly forbidden under copyright law. This website and all data, information, slide shows, results, graphs and other collateral from this web site are protected by Australian and International Copyright laws. This website is copyright to this company EXCEPT where otherwise indicated or annotated or credited to third parties. Photographs and Video remain copyright to the photographer who originated them. News articles and extracts from books remain copyright to the Author and originator of those articles. Without the prior written consent of this company, no material from this web site may be reproduced for any purpose. Third parties may not use or copy any photograph from this website under any circumstance. The design of this website remains the IP and copyright to the designer of the website.
- Downloads: Downloads are provided as a service and are checked to be free of viruses at the time they leave the server, however the webmaster recommends the use of Full Virus Protection software at all times. All features of this website have been tested to work normally with virus protection turn ON. It's up to you to choose, install and run quality Virus protection.
- Agents & Media Resources: Agents seeking single-use hire of photographs and text copy for promotional purposes are expressly forbidden from plagiarising this website. All agents must communicate directly with the brand development manager of Lady Elliot Island brand@ladyElliot.com.au to ensure they are 'On Brand' and seek current authorised collateral including text-copy and images and must agree to comply with a set of terms and conditions outlined by the Brand dept. The Brand department will only provide password access to media and agents on agreement to the terms and conditions of use for hire of images and other collateral. Agents are reminded that photographs appearing on this official website are protected by individual copyright and IP terms and model release status depending on the shot and fees will apply for unauthorised use, copying or modification of these images, in accordance with the Australian Copyright Act 1968, the Copyright Amendment act of 1997 and the Copyright amendment Act 2000 regarding moral rights. 'On Brand" collateral including Photographs provided to authorised agents carry the official watermark in the form of accreditation to the photographer who owns that © copyright and the URL of the official website www.ladyElliot.com.au. The removal, cropping, occlusion or alteration of these watermarks is expressly forbidden. The distortion by disproportionate scaling or stretching is forbidden. Where images are scaled down to the point where the watermark information cannot be read clearly on any given webpage it must carry that information in legible text adjacent to the image being used. Agents are also advised that it is an offence under the Australian moral rights Act 2000 to fail to attribute a photograph or an article or part of an article to the photographer/journalist who originated the photo/article or to falsely attribute it. An agents webpage displaying a number of images must show 2 things i) Official Website www.ladyElliot.com.au ; and ii) Photography by 'photographers name' (in accordance with the moral rights Act 2000). Any attempt to hide or mask this information is not acceptable. If you are not sure please contact brand@ladyElliot.com.au and ask first.
- All agents websites publishing LEI collateral including images, pricing and inclusions is subject to an approval process. Website pages which are 'Off-brand' will be guided to return to brand within 5 working days. Failure to comply with these guidelines will result in the cancellation of the licence to use these images and other collateral.
- Official Website : This is the only Official Website representing Lady Elliot Island and carries the URL of http://www.ladyelliot.com.au/. All other websites are to be considered as AGENTS websites whether accredited or not. Lady Elliot Island will NOT honour any facts or prices presented on other websites and persons booking through Agents must realise that any complaints relating to misinformation originating from other sources (sites, verbals or emails from these agents) will be direct back to that agents for resolution or compensation and will NOT be the responsibility of the Island or the management staff of the island. Terms, conditions and prices on the official website are subject to change without notice. Check the currency of information on the Official Website prior to making a booking.
Questions or Concerns: For more information about any of the policies described above, or to request permission to reproduce material from this web site, please contact Lady Elliot Island at: Lady Elliot Island, Attn The Brand Development Manager, PO Box 348, Runaway Bay Queensland 4216 Australia Ph: +61 75536 3644 Fax: +61 75536 7508 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org