COVID TRAVEL INFORMATION & FLEXIBLE CANCELLATION POLICY
as of 22 November 2021
We would like to personally update you on the COVID-19 situation and the precautions we are taking to ensure your well-being during your stay.
We strongly recommend that everyone download the COVIDSAFE APP before visiting Lady Elliot Island Eco Resort.
On the 9 November 2021, the Queensland Government issued a directive that as of 17 December 2021 it would be mandatory for all guests and staff (over the age of 16 years) to be double vaccinated to visit certain establishments. Lady Elliot Island Eco Resort falls under this directive.
Below are the requirements for all travelling to Lady Elliot Island Eco Resort from the 17 December 2021:
- As of the 17 December 2021 all passengers and staff travelling to Lady Elliot Island Eco Resort will be required to be double vaccinated with proof of vaccination required.
- Guests are required to check-in at their flight departure port prior to boarding the aircraft with the QLD Check-in App.
- Proof of vaccination is required for each passenger over 16 years of age, to be provided at check-in via digital Vaccination Certificate or the QLD Check-in App
- If proof of vaccination is not provided, Lady Elliot Island Eco Resort reserves the right to refuse the passenger to board the aircraft and no refund would be applicable.
- If you are unvaccinated and do not intend to be vaccinated, you are required to notify our Reservations Team 30 days prior to travel. At this time, you will receive a full refund or funds in credit for any monies paid. Should notification not be provided in this time frame, and you are unable to present your vaccination certificate at your departure port, you will not be permitted to travel to Lady Elliot Island and no refund would be applicable.
- It is the responsibility of the lead passenger of each booking to ensure that their travelling party are double vaccinated.
- It is the responsibility of the guest to ensure they are aware of current government regulations and requirements for entry into QLD.
- All Island based staff are required to be double vaccinated to work on Lady Elliot Island
- Lady Elliot Island Eco Resort reserves the right to cancel any bookings that are restricted by border closures, lockdowns or any guests not intending to be vaccinated at 30 days prior to travel.
- Anyone wishing to come ashore from passing vessels will be also required to be fully vaccinated to come onto Lady Elliot and must show evidence of their vaccination status.
I am unvaccinated and do not intend to be vaccinated – can I travel to Lady Elliot Island in the future?
- Lady Elliot Island Eco Resort will follow the directive of the QLD government. Until such time that Government directive changes only guests who are double vaccinated will be permitted to travel to Lady Elliot Island.
- If you are unvaccinated and do not intend to be vaccinated, you are required to notify our Reservations Team at 30 days prior to travel. At this time, you will receive a full refund or funds in credit for any monies paid. Should notification not be provided in this time frame and you are unable to present your digital vaccination certificate at your departure port you will not be permitted to travel to Lady Elliot Island and forfeit all monies paid on your booking.
Do I need to be double vaccinated to travel to Lady Elliot?
- As per the government directive all guests and staff aged 16 or older will need to be double vaccinated as of 17 December 2021 to travel to Lady Elliot Island.
I have a medical contraindication certificate; can I still travel?
- You will be required to provide evidence of this to our satisfaction in order to travel. Please contact our team to discuss further.
Will I need to show proof of vaccination?
- Yes, you will need to provide a government approved digital vaccination certificate at time of check in at your departure port on the mainland. Departure ports on the mainland are Coolangatta, Redcliffe, Hervey Bay, Bundaberg, Agnes Water.
What happens if I cannot provide proof of vaccination?
- If you are unable to provide proof of vaccination to a Lady Elliot Island representative, you will be not permitted to travel.
Will I get a refund if I cannot travel due to me not being vaccinated?
- If our Reservations Team are notified 30 days prior to travel, you will receive a refund or funds in credit on your accommodation and flights. If you arrive at your departure port and are unable to provide proof of vaccination you will forfeit all monies paid.
If you are travelling from an area declared a COVID-19 hotspot during the past 14 days, you will not be permitted to enter Queensland. Approved entry into Queensland for all travellers is subject to completing and signing a Queensland Border Declaration Pass and undertaking to present for a COVID-19 test if you develop symptoms (health.gov.au).
Due to the continually changing state and federal government requirements in response to COVID-19 challenges, Lady Elliot Island Eco Resort will be assessing all COVID-19 hotspot bookings 30 days before travel. We appreciate your understanding and patience with our Team during this time and look forward to sharing our beautiful Island with you soon.
We recommend that you review the current Contact Tracing list before visiting Lady Elliot Island. If you have visited any of the listed exposure venues during the risk period please contact our Reservations Team immediately.
If you are feeling unwell, please consider the health and safety of your fellow guests and our Lady Elliot Island Eco Resort team and do not travel to Lady Elliot Island.
Lady Elliot Island Eco Resort is an approved COVID Clean practising business. This means that we have implemented extensive procedures to ensure the safety of our guests and team.
COVID-19 Self-Assessment Declaration Form: All guests, staff and contractors will receive a COVID-19 Self-Assessment Declaration form that must be completed the day prior to your arrival at the airport. Please print and complete this form for all persons travelling on your booking the morning of departure. If you do not have printing facilities, copies of the form will be available at the check-in desk or from your pilot. If your risk rating falls within the red ‘high risk’ area do not attend the airport and please contact our Flight Operations Team on +61 7 5599 4509 advising you are unable to travel.
Airport Check-in and Aircraft:
QLD Check-in App: From Friday 9 July, the Queensland Government have now made check-in using the QLD App mandatory. Guests will be required to download the app and check-in prior to boarding our aircraft.
Vaccination Certificate: It is a requirement that all guests and staff present their vaccination certificate to a Lady Elliot Island representative prior to boarding the aircraft. Should you be unable to present your vaccination certificate at this time, you will not be permitted to travel to Lady Elliot Island and will forfeit all monies paid on your booking. For more information, please read above.
Sanitisation Points: Non-touch hand sanitiser stations will be available at our Gold Coast and Hervey Bay departure points. For those departing from Brisbane (Redcliffe) or Bundaberg, your pilot will kindly instruct you to sanitise your hands prior to boarding the aircraft.
Face Masks: As of Friday 8 January 2021, the Prime Minister announced the mandatory use of masks in domestic airports and on all domestic flights. For guests travelling to/from Hervey Bay and Bundaberg Airport, please ensure you have a mask readily available upon entering the domestic terminal. Face masks are mandatory on all flights to/from Lady Elliot Island for all passengers and crew. They will be available at check-in as well as within our aircraft should you not have your own available. There are some exemptions to face masks, including for children under 12 and people with particular medical conditions or disabilities (as outlined on the QLD Government website). Lady Elliot Island Eco Resort reserves the right to request proof of mask exemptions prior to departure.
Ongoing vigilance around personal hygiene and cleaning standards remain key to minimise risk. We have increased the frequency and detail of our already best practice cleaning procedures. This involves an increased focus on the sanitisation of bathrooms and touchpoints around the resort and continued thorough cleaning of resort rooms. Non-touch hand sanitiser stations will be available around the resort.
For short stays (3 nights or less), it is the preference of the Resort to not complete housekeeping services unless requested to minimise contact between guests and staff.
If you request your room to be serviced, we kindly request you vacate your room during this time.
Activities and Diving:
All activities including diving will be available during your stay on Lady Elliot Island.
When joining our Glass Bottom Boat/Snorkel Tours or Diving we request you follow the below guidelines;
- Snorkel/dive equipment only to be handled by a Lady Elliot Island Team Member, please ask for assistance before gearing up
- Where possible, divers will be allocated one set of dive equipment (including BCD and regulators) to be used during their entire stay
- Snorkellers will be allocated a set of fins/mask to be used during their entire stay
- On the vessels please practice social distancing from other guests where possible and please handle your own equipment, if you are unable to do so, please request assistance from our Team Members
- Any used wetsuits to be wash in the washtub before returning to the Dive Shop
All Snorkel and dive equipment including; mask, snorkels, fins and wetsuits are cleaned after each use using an approved Ecoclean sanitiser. However, for your comfort, you may purchase your own personal snorkel mouthpiece for a small fee or we encourage you to bring your own snorkelling equipment from home.
If Government-imposed travel or state/territory border restrictions and vaccination mandates prevent guests from arriving to Lady Elliot Island Eco Resort for their stay, the below ‘Covid-19 Deposit and Cancellation Policy’ applies.
Lady Elliot Island Eco Resort reserves the right to cancel any bookings that are restricted by border closures, lockdowns or any guests not intending to be vaccinated at 30 days prior to travel.
Your cancellation options will include:
- Changing travel dates (subject to availability and may include price changes if new dates selected fall within a new rate season)
- Funds in credit (open-ended dates)
- Full refund
Lady Elliot Island Eco Resort is not responsible for any disruption that may be caused to your personal travel plans prior to your arrival at our departure port or after your return from the island to our departure port on the mainland (i.e. ongoing flight connections etc).
Payment Terms Overnight Bookings:
$300 per room deposit ($600 per room if travelling in peak season) is due at the time of booking and the balance payment is due 14 days prior to travel.
If the booking is made less than 14 days prior to travel, full payment is due at the time of booking.
NB: These terms can be amended an may be subject to change. The Covid-19 Subclause is valid for individual bookings only, excluding group bookings. The Group Cancellation policy will be advised at the time of booking.
Thank you for taking the time to read this information.
It is imperative that at this point in time we pull together to minimise any associated risks revolving around COVID-19 and the best way we can do this is in accordance with the guidelines directed by the Australian Government and the World Health Organisation.
Our senior management team are meeting frequently to discuss our continued response and to ensure we have the latest information from Government Health Authorities. We will also continue to review and refine our protocols in line with the best available information at that point in time.
We hope you enjoy your stay and if you have any further questions please contact our Reservations Team on +61 7 5536 3644.
Most importantly, we are doing everything we can to adapt to this changing world and making sure that you have a once in a lifetime Great Barrier Reef experience. We are looking forward to having you back but please remember to be kind, be compassionate and have patience with our team as we navigate our way through.
Daniel Lukritz (General Manager)
Lady Elliot Island Eco Resort