Travel insurance is strongly recommended to cover unforeseen circumstances.
The below deposit & cancellation policy is for direct bookings. These terms can be amended and may be subject to change. The group cancellation policy will be advised at the time of booking as applicable. Travel agents, please refer to your agreed deposit & cancellation terms.
- Full payment is due 7 days prior to travel. If travel is within 7 days full payment is due at the time of booking
- No cancellation fee applies if the booking is cancelled outside 48 hours prior to departure
- Cancellation within 48 hours of travel – 50% cancellation fee applies
- Cancellation within 24 hours of travel – 100% cancellation fee applies
- Travel insurance is strongly recommended. If you are unable to travel for medical reasons, weather events, flight cancellations or any other reason, refunds will not be given. A letter of support for your insurance claim can be obtained from the Reservations Team.
Day guests please be aware that Lady Elliot Island cannot be responsible for the weather. Should weather conditions result in cancellation of the tour by the operator, you will be able to transfer your trip to another date at no additional cost. If your travel plans do not allow you to postpone, a full refund will be issued. Please note that weather conditions may vary whilst on the island and result in cancellation of water activities. Once the day trip has commenced no refund will be issued.
EMC – The Environmental Management Charge (EMC) is a fee paid by all visitors to the Great Barrier Reef. All funds collected are used for the day-to-day management and conservation of the reef. For bookings from the 1 July 2023, a fee of $7.00 per person per day for up to 3 days (four years and older) will be added to your booking total balance. The maximum amount charged is $21.00 per person. For bookings travelling from the 1 April 2024 a fee of $8.00 per person per day for up to 3 days (four years and older) will be added to your booking total balance. All funds received as Environmental Management Charge payments are collected on behalf of the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Authority.