The Lady Elliot Island Dive Shop is a PADI Resort Association Member and has a comprehensive stock of hire equipment available. Scuba Diving is conducted daily, and our qualified Dive Team escort all dives. No shore diving conducted on Lady Elliot Island. Dive Course prices are valid from 1 December 2023 and are subject to change.
Dive Course exclusion dates (not including Discover Scuba Dives) include 19th December 2023 – 6th January 2024; 14th – 18th March 2024; 16th May – 3rd June 2024; 28th July – 4th August 2024, 19th December 2024 – 6th January 2025.
- All Certified Dive Courses MUST meet requirements of the PADI RSTC Medical Statement – Participant Record. If you have answered YES to any question/s, or if you have any pre-existing medical conditions, you must complete ‘AS4005.1 Dive Medical’^ prior to arrival on Lady Elliot Island. Other agency referral other than PADI, additional training is required at AU $75.00 (EU €45.82)pp.
- For those completing the ‘Discover Scuba Dive Course’ you MUST meet requirements of the PADI Discover Scuba Diving Participation Statement and Medical Questionnaire. If you have answered YES to any question/s, you must complete ‘AS4005.1 Dive Medical’^ prior to arrival on Lady Elliot Island.
- It is the responsibility of the diver to ensure all adequate paperwork and associated dive medicals are completed 14 days prior to travel.
- When PADI eLearning is required, this is to be completed prior to arriving on island. When purchasing your e-learning component please use Lady Elliot Island Dive Shop reference number 36125
- All courses (excluding Discover Scuba Dives) are to be booked and paid in full 14 days prior to arrival with Lady Elliot Island Reservations
- Cancellation: no refunds or transfers of dive courses inside 14 days prior to arrival.
- It is the responsibility of the diver to ensure all adequate paperwork and associated dive medicals are completed before this time.
Dive Course Pricing
|Prices are valid from 1 December 2023 and are subject to change.
Lady Elliot Island PADI Dive Shop Number: 36125
|Three to Four Students
|Discover Scuba Dive (DSD):
|Open Water Dive Course:
|Junior Open Water Course:
|Advanced Open Water:
|Rescue Dive Course:
|Enriched Air (Nitrox Course):
Have you ever wondered what it’s like to scuba dive? The Discover Scuba Dive is a quick and easy scuba diving experience for the non-certified! The beginners’ course is approximately 4.5 hours and includes theory, 1 pool session and 1 ocean dive. Your first underwater experience is under the guidance of a fully qualified PADI instructor where you will learn the basic safety guidelines and skills required to dive. Explore the Great Barrier Reef from a different perspective, learn to breathe underwater and have fun! Includes dive equipment.
Follow up dives – $150 per dive (includes dive equipment)
Become a qualified Scuba Diver on the Great Barrier Reef! This comprehensive Open Water Dive Course is designed for beginners and covers all practical requirements. Students MUST complete the eLearning component prior to arrival at www.padi.com, with 4 hours of pool training and 6 hours of open water training to be completed on Lady Elliot Island. After successful completion of the course, you will be a certified Open Water Diver and licensed to dive with a buddy up to a maximum depth of 18 meters anywhere in the world! Includes dive equipment.
The PADI Enriched Air (Nitrox) course adds another element to your diving experience. The course is designed to teach you the procedures for safe, recreational no decompression diving using Enriched Air (air with an oxy-gen content from 22% – 40%). The course covers the equipment and procedural concerns involving Enriched Air along with learning how to plan Nitrox dives, analyse oxygen content in the tank and determine your no decompression limit and your oxygen exposure limit while using enriched air. You MUST be a minimum age of 12 years old with the minimal certification level of Open Water Diver (PADI or equivalent from another organization) with at least 20 logged dives. Includes dive equipment.
The course includes, Enriched Air Divers manual, Theory and practical lessons including two training dives and PADI enriched air diver certification card.
The Rescue Diver course makes the serious subject of accident prevention and management enjoyable and rewarding. The Rescue Diver Course is a critical step in diver education and is highly recommended to all divers. The course will prepare you to prevent problems and cover topics including diver stress, self-rescue, panic diver response and first aid management. To qualify you must be a Certified Advanced Diver before the commencement of the Rescue Course. You must also have completed a sanctioned First Aid and CPR course. The Rescue course is approximately 25 hours including self-study. Dive equipment and 2 open water rescue scenarios are included.
Take the plunge to 30m on the Advanced Open Water Dive Course! Progress your skills from an Open Water Diver to an Advanced Open Water Diver on Lady Elliot Island. Inclusive of 5 dives; navigation and deep dive are core dives and must be completed with 3 elective dives (wreck, drift, boat, underwater naturalist, aware fish ID or night dive). Note: Night dive additional cost and subject to weather and tides.
Must have current Open Water Certificate. Includes dive equipment.