Overnight Stays – Accommodation/Flights
Travel insurance is strongly recommended to cover unforeseen circumstances.
The below deposit & cancellation policy is for direct bookings. These terms can be amended and may be subject to change. The group cancellation policy will be advised at the time of booking as applicable. Travel agents, please refer to your agreed deposit & cancellation terms.
Payment and Deposit Policy:
- For travel within 14 days: Full payment is required at the time of booking
- For travel outside 14 days: A deposit of $300 (per room) is required to secure the booking
- Payment can be made either by credit card or direct deposit (from Australian bank accounts only)
- No credit card surcharges apply
- Cancellation outside 57 days (8 weeks) before arrival: $100 (per room) cancellation fee applies
- Cancellations between 56-15 days before arrival: A cancellation fee equal to the deposit applies
- Cancellations inside 14 days (2 weeks) before arrival: 100% cancellation fee applies to total booking including flights, accommodation and pre-paid inclusions
- Travel insurance is strongly recommended. If you are unable to travel for medical reasons, weather events, flight cancellations or any other reason, refunds will not be given. A letter of support for your insurance claim can be obtained from the Reservations Team.
Date Change and Booking Modifications:
- Date changes outside 29 days (4 weeks) before arrival: Will incur an alteration/change fee of $30 per amendment
- Date changes within 28-15 days before arrival: Will incur a change fee equal to 100% of the deposit
- Date changes inside 14 days (2 weeks) before arrival: Not permitted. 100% cancellation fee applies to the total booking including flights, accommodation and pre-paid inclusions
- All date changes are subject to availability and subject to pricing changes applicable to the new dates
- Once a date change has been made to your original booking, any additional changes resulting in the cancellation of the booking will incur the loss of all monies held
- Name changes on bookings can be made up to 24 hours before travel
Multi-Room Bookings (2 or more rooms):
- Should one or more rooms cancel as surplus, the above deposit & cancellation policy applies, and cancellation fees will be charged as stipulated above. Cancelled room deposit will only be transferred to existing rooms if cancelled outside 57 days before arrival
- Payments will only be accepted from the primary guest. For payments from different persons, individual bookings are required
- Infants (0-2 years): Free of Charge
- Children (3-12 years): Based on resort accommodation and flight rates
- Rollaway: Free of charge. Bedding no charge. Child rate applies. Rollaways unsuitable for persons 13+ years.
- Porta-cot: One off fee applies, payable at the time of booking
Environmental Management Charge (EMC):
The Environmental Management Charge (EMC) is a fee paid by all visitors to the Great Barrier Reef. All funds collected are used for the day-to-day management and conservation of the reef. For bookings from the 1 July 2023, a fee of $7.00 per person per day for up to 3 days (four years and older) will be added to your booking total balance. The maximum amount charged is $21.00 per person. For bookings travelling from the 1 April 2024 a fee of $8.00 per person per day for up to 3 days (four years and older) will be added to your booking total balance. All funds received as Environmental Management Charge payments are collected on behalf of the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Authority.