Lady Elliot Island is an underwater haven for both snorkellers and divers
Snorkelling and Diving is a great way to get up close and personal with the amazing marine life and explore the wonders of the Southern Great Barrier Reef.
Lonely Planet voted Lady Elliot Island #2 of the ‘7 best beaches for snorkelling around the world’ in 2020.
Self-guided beach snorkelling is an activity that you can participate in throughout the day (subject to conditions).
Depending on your level of experience, you can choose from the Beginner, Intermediate or Advanced snorkel trails.
Lady Elliot Island offers a diverse diving experience with 20 incredible dive sites around the island which are easily accessible by boat dives, please see Dive Map. At Lady Elliot Island, our experienced Dive staff personally escort all dives, we schedule a minimum of two dives per day and optional night dives available subject to numbers and weather conditions. Our PADI Dive Shop offers courses to cater for all levels of experience.
PADI Dive Shop
Register for daily dives at the Dive Shop from 7:00am
The Lady Elliot Island Dive Shop is a PADI Resort Association member and has a comprehensive stock of hire equipment available. Scuba diving is conducted daily and qualified dive staff escort all dives. We schedule two dives per day with optional night dives available subject to numbers and weather conditions. Our PADI Dive Shop offers courses to cater to all levels of experience and a full range of scuba equipment is available for hire. If this is your first time, you can try our ‘Discover Scuba Dive’. That way you will not miss a breath-taking opportunity to experience the many riches that lie at the bottom of the Great Barrier Reef.
Flying after Diving:
Flying after diving recommendations for dives within the No-Decompression limits (PADI)
- Single Dive: minimum surface interval of 12 hours is required before flying
- Repetitive Dives/Multi-day Dives: minimum surface interval of 18 hours is recommended
- *Must allow 18 hours between last dive and flying
- All divers must produce a certification card to dive
- All dives are subject to weather conditions
- Diving is not offered for day guests due to regulations that you cannot fly and dive on the same day
- Refresher Pool Dive (including equipment) is required for certified divers who have not dived within the last 12 months. Free of charge
- Dive Courses not available between 19 December 2023 – 6 January 2024